Good Riddance!

I stand near the river site where cradled canyons sing
I take off my hat and bid good riddance so be attentive mortal youth as I become within an inch of realism and lecture the barbaric orbit of my truth
I am on the pursuit of the realest of dreams, I shed no tears in silence and not a tremble to my breath, my emotions shall vanish as twilight approaches and tomorrow I will unfurl my sail and find peace far from where all the world's hatred and hypocrisy sleeps.
 
 
Goodbye and thank you for dragging me down, it has reinforced and has strengthened my being.
I am sorry I am not like you and I am sorry you can not be me.
I applaud you for wasting minutes of your liveliness by jogging my memory and awakening memories of my mistakes in contempt of it doing you no justice.
 
Goodbye Teenage-hood akin to high school I withstood you too, I wave to my previous loves, said your friend and never again your lover.
 
Goodbye Loneliness, this is where our journey ends, consigning to oblivion for the countless hours you smacked me across my face and made me affirm that I am bogus and of naught value
 
Good riddance to my past, never again shall you burn like an iron in the back of my mind, I have turned my back on you and nevermore shall I dig you up and make you a part of me.


Comments

Popular Posts