NaPoWriMo Day 9: #BlackGirlMagic

I appear to be an angry black woman
I look like a white man and a black woman were making 'melodious' love in a back seat of a towed car
I am lighter than dark but darker than white.
I would be jealous if I was anything else but the skin I live in.
But I think I write too much about black girls.
But how do you learn to write anything else but love letters to the world's Jewels of Inspiration?
I am not sorry.
I do not apologize for writing about the melanin of the womb I came from.
I am unashamed for my afro-femininity.
I am unremorseful for not asking for permission to affirm me
I will hashtag Black Girl Magic instead of anything else because truth truthfully speaking, I haven't purchased fucks in a minute and rats are hard enough to catch just to give an ass.
So dear future lover,
Baby, as Queen as I am I will continue to be a King without you.
Hashtag Negus with that.

Comments

Popular Posts