Yeah, My homie still.

I.
Dear Past Self.

Not plenty has changed
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
You always feared entering into new creation.
Your dead body was the welcome mat I needed for new beginnings
You said inhalation was your own method of suicide
I wanted you to put me on your lips and inhale
I desired to be the after taste on your tongue before you force me out through your exhale
I wanted you to watch me disappear into the air.

II.
Dear Past Self

All lives matter and not just because black lives mattered first.
With that kind of thinking antidote I had to outgrow you. That's that shit.
Your subconscious needs to find new facial expressions, I mean your old ones all looked the same, artistically rude. And we all know 'a rude gyal no fit do'
I found myself at a point where I have to cut myself away from your being and other beings who possess no constructive contribution to me.
I've tried to create new senses from your old feelings and old thoughts, but, I don't have that kind of magic in me anymore.

III.
Dear Past Self

I am tired of typing Dear Past Self over and over again just to prove how much I am trying to let the past go past.
Fact of the matter is, You don't know me anymore because you saw it fit to judge me on decisions I made, when I was still you.
Fun fact :
Knowing me means being aware of what I am capable of doing now.

IV. 
Dear Past Self

This is probably the last you will hear from me, it's not me, it's you. But even though I will never apologize for who you were nor who I have grown to be.

Comments

Popular Posts