I Swear to. . God?

We have come a long way to belong here.
We have come so far yet still far from what we want to be
And what the eye deems it fit to see.

Dear God,
I heard that you love me.
I still don't know how I wholly feel about that.
The more nights passed the more I realised I have been praying to myself my entire existence.

I have a few confessions,

Sometimes "So Buddha help me now" and "King David Fix it" sit comfortably on my tongue compared to your name and your son's.

I have no idea what 'Amen' means

When I see a capital G, I think Gangster before anything else.

The book my mother said you wrote makes me believe that even though I am a virgin, I will still give birth, what's the monthly blood for?

Your name spelt backwards is dog so I don't know if that means you're about to put the paws on me for not being a fixed believer.

Sometimes picking the little herb on Solomon's throne fills me more than stepping foot into your house.
You have so many houses, how do I know which one of them is a home?

Dear God,
I do not doubt that you exist.
I just doubt that you are all I am destined to believe in.

Comments

Popular Posts