NaPoWriMo Day 19 : Poet Tree


Every emotion within my surrounding triggers my poetry
 It is an unknown story how my poetry and I became friends but let me tell you a little about us,
 I like music, my poetry? Yeah it doesn't It has no rhythm 
within the jukebox of its soul.

I go to school and my poetry sits around within my mind and for some reason it always wants a drink and leaves me with a sober man’s thoughts.

I am OCD about hygiene, 
My poetry on the other hand leaves an avalanche of verbs and imagery laying around and makes me trip on its sentences and as though that isn't enough it tries to wrap my hair up in Haiku and Sonnets.

I have fear of narrow spaces and my poetry has a fear of humans. Humans are the worst things to ever happen my poetry because they just know how to tamper with its similes, to metaphor its panties to its knees and semaphore them to its feet.

Whenever we argued my poetry always discolour my face while it stares at me with its poker face.
And then it would walk out on me and leave me with writer’s block but when it arrived at 2 am it would awaken me and whatever it took it reminded me that I am enough and that my words are beautiful.

Though my poetry is a lazy alcoholic it has always been my shoulder to cry. And it has experienced plenty of heartbreaks within its days it always sat beside me on my bed and allowed my heart to sing the night away as it turns it into a Romeo & Juliet story because its writing brought me solace

My Poetry taught me that I don’t need lemons to make lemonade because there will always be vodka
It taught me to never say “You only live once” because there is a life after this one

And it taught me never to cry because my tears will be wasted ink of a poem unwritten.

Popular Posts