Alter Ego

Within the isolated mirrored cul-de-sac
Is a girl I occasionally see

Behind my shadow she sits, talking to herself, murmuring and whispering.
The sound of her diminuendo envelopes me. She envelopes  me.

Craving and fighting to stray beyond my shadow.
Wreaking colossal havoc upon my mind.

She told me to let her out without talking so much.
How her newness wants to show me how much my nothingness mean.

She wrote about how my life and body were on pause and mind on fast forward.
Her writing brought me solace.

She spoke about how superior her interior is
and how inferior my exterior feels.

Awakening  me at 4 am, trying to un-riddle my riddled wake
"unlike your lover, I will kiss your imperfections" she said.

Like these nights there has been better weather
"To give you empty agitation is not my wish" she fraternized with me some more.

The more in tune we were the more the art of prestidigitation came to be
Realising that I should rid myself off of her.
She.
Who is me.

Before I do away with my inner being.

Comments

Popular Posts