The Beginning &. . .

I do not think I have ever told her how I felt when we first conversed and first met.

Our friendship was cyber
And although it was, it was an adage that I believed to be true,

Clearly the future was not something I knew nor bothered caring about, it had occurred to me that neither did she, but for some reason,
She always kept her window open,

I was energized by being alone,
My energy appeared to be drained by thinking of feelings and temptations of the heart which were things I rarely took time for.
I would sabotage any chance I had to tell her that the feeling was in fact mutual.
I was more concerned with the inner world of my mind than reaching out to her. She had found me  at a point where I was simply trying to keep sane,

But she kept her window open,

I would stand outside her window, with my hands pressed against the glass, my fears fighting against the raindrops on the pane.

 I knew what I felt and was still feeling,
Sparks fly, sparks flew,

But she was a flame I did not have the strength to keep alive.
A  loving winter walking distance..

We finally met, she was beyond my mortal sight, her face alone enchanted my world-weary eyes

I stood outside her window once more, upon the glass laid previous marks of my hands.
I fell short of what I intended to do,
My expectations, set in stone.

I had started writing endlessly about her,
I was in a pile of
"should I?"
And in a pool of
"maybe not"
Everyday my guard would go down and I would let a piece of her into my mind.

I was
I was?
I. . . Was getting good at loving her.

I had found a resting point upon her cheek.
My tongue would whimsically dance to the sound of the letters of her name,
I was still not done chewing on thoughts of her

I would have never thought we would be saying "I Love You" to each other.
All the other shitty love books I had written before will be rewritten over, with new chapters, new beginnings, in new handwriting
Because of my basic
"I-am-happy-with-you & will-never-let-you-go" feeling,

All that being possible because, she kept her window open,
Open, for me :)

Comments

Popular Posts