#NaPoWriMo Day 7 : Memoirs

Childhood ended years ago
Where I witnessed a love so true
Blanket.

Rainbow colors on it.
All my secrets wrapped up in it. It stopped all goons and goblins under the bed. When dawn would push me out of the door, incomplete I felt because I had to face the world alone even though only for 8 hours.

So inanimate yet it became so human at night,
It would grab me, caress me, hide me from all the mistakes I did and white lies I told. It would graze my skin as its soft touch and lullabies would put me to bed.
Childhood ended years ago and it still smells like who I was and who I wanted to be.
You walked away and now I am left behind, or was it vice versa?

Half
Crazed. .

I still see you in the corner of my closet, where we would hide, growing apart does not  change the fact that for a long time you were by my side as I grew, our roots ever so tangled, my veins against your threads. Maturity proved to be a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless the laughter we shared could be said to remedy anything.
The record subtly spinning, it has gotten much colder over the years, I remember your warmth as though it was yesterday, maybe because it was.

Maybe.
I do not need you anymore.
Thine to self be true.
The cold never bothered me anyway :(

Comments

Popular Posts