#NaPoWriMo Day 1 : Memento Mori


Saint Jerome by Albrecht Durer













In a lone state of mind, seems as though I am running out of reasons to run, I can run no longer neither further as I gain a reminder of the inevitability of death.

"Remember Man that you are dust and unto dust you shall return."

As time flees we develop the fear of breathing and the sight of returning to mere bones that lay. It is raining blood, come along with me for a garden walk where we will be acquainted with the Grim Reaper.
Wrap me into raggedy vintage pieces of cloths and remember me like King Tutankhamen

Every day we awaken to blinding lights as we recall subtle symbols of mortality.

Flowers
losing
their
petals.

Salvation of the soul in the afterlife and no sight of our past lives as mere Neanderthals.
Similar to Sirens from an ancient ode, death heralds my demise. Inviting me to its abode.

Weep like a willow to the fraught issue at hand because the deplorable state of affairs is that at the end of the day, we all will bid the world adieu.

Comments

Popular Posts