Dancing Shadows

You had me at Hello.
Your appearance put me in a mindful and unattainable voyage.
Days passed by as I wished to allow myself to allow you souvenirs of my reality in hopes that you will be in conscious of my being and vital force better.

It rained, we were seated, talking the night away but somehow I had lost myself in the movement of your lips as words escaped your mouth. As you continued speaking, thoughts assailed of the probable things I could do to you. Your scent on my sweater as you embraced me, I would give you what is left of my raggedy, dilapidated and battered heart to make you stay longer but I fear you will wrap it in yesterday's newspaper as you set out back into your world.

I became acquianted with the fact I was in dire straits when I could not sleep because my shadow kept dancing when I would think of how you were doing, at what pace your heart was beating at that particular juncture and what you were thinking, and if it is I you were thinking of?
I knew it meant trouble when I made myself affirm that you are the fire that will burn my old habits and tragic memories in order to start off brand new.

You were nowhere in sight, yet, my shadow kept dancing. Trapped in a ship filled with emotions I did not want to assess myself with, I was certain that the ship will not take me home, neither into your arms.
My body was tired as my breath of life ripped through my flesh but this shadow, it kept. . . It kept dancing, it is like a dream but no dream is this real

As of late my shadow seizes to dance, I must admit I take offence to it not dancing though I wanted it to stop, it renders everything useless and makes me believe that what I felt has come to naught.
Vexing shadow.

"Las waiting hast proven painful, being forgotten, unbearable, but not knowing what to do is the worst kind of suffering"
My lips tightened to suppress a smile.

Comments

Popular Posts